Effective date: June 3rd, 2018
What are cookies?
A cookie is a string of information that is stored by a website or service on the visitor’s computer. That cookie is always provided to the website whenever that web browser returns to that website. As such, the website is able to recognize the web browser and offer it a tailored experience.
For example, most websites offer a small checkbox to keep a user logged in. If you choose to stay logged in the website stores a cookie on the visitors computer. When the visitor returns to the website, the web browser can show the cookie to the web site and the user won’t have to log in using their login credentials.
Which cookies is Whole Latte Coffee using?
Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are used for the sole purpose of either (i) carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or (ii) to allow the provider of an information society service to provide such service as explicitly requested by you.
- gdpr: used to set your cookie preference and consents.
- woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart, wp_woocommerce_session_: these keep track of cart data. The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer.
- wfwaf-authcookie-: This cookie is used by the Wordfence firewall to perform a capability check of the current user before WordPress has been loaded.
Analytics cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- At this moment we are not using these types of cookies
Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- wordpress_logged_in_: Checks whether or not the current visitor is a logged in user.
- wordpress_: stores your hashed authentication details
- comment_author_, comment_author_email_, comment_author_url_: stores the values entered in the name, email and url fields of the comment section for future reference.
Social media cookies – These cookies are used based on social connect functionalities. The various platforms like Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc. place these on your computer. For more information and to set your preferences towards their cookies, please visit their respective websites. Whole Latte Coffee has no control over these cookies what so ever.
Setting your cookie preferences
You can set your cookie preferences in the Privacy Preference Center by clicking this button:
Cookie Expiration Date
Just like any other cookie, the cookies we use have an expiry date. This means that the data in that cookie is regarded as invalid and it needs to be renewed. Not all our cookies expire after the same amount of time.
- gdpr: 1 year
- woocommerce_cart_, woocommerce_items_in_cart_, wfwaf-authcookie-: at end of session
- woocommerce_session: 2 days
- wordpress_, wordpress_logged_in: 2 weeks
- comment_author_, comment_author_email_, comment_author_url_: 50 weeks
Cookies set by third parties are beyond our control. As such we can’t give you a reasonable estimate of their expiration times.